Tuesday, January 10, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE: M.A.C VIVA GLAM

Back in the day when I worked at M.A.C I loved (and still love) 3 things about M.A.C's VIVA GLAM charity initiative:

1. The 3 shades of lipstick you could choose from (we are talking old school, before other VIVA GLAM LIPSTICK colours and GLOSS' launched)

2. The fact that every single cent made from the sale of VIVA GLAM lipsticks went to and supported (as it still does to this day) "Men, Women & Children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS globally"(1).

3. The amazing images that were created for each VIVA GLAM launch. One in particular that I will always remember, as posted below that I found searching the net:



This image in particular stands out as it was the first launch of a NEW VIVA GLAM colour (IV) I experienced as a "newbie" on the M.A.C counter.

I thought the image was so chic... I mean Mary J Bligh, Shirley Manson and the great Elton John. I would find myself just staring at the large light box filled poster on a daily basis admiring how flawless Shirley and Mary J's make up was.

Anyway enough reminiscing from me.

Have you ever purchased a VIVA GLAM lippy or GLOSS? If so, What shade? Would love to hear.

Smooches
xx


(1) excerpt taken from www.maccosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...