Monday, January 13, 2014

GOLDEN GLOBES TOP 3 MAKE-UP PICKS FOR 2014


I have somewhat of a guilty pleasure that comes around without fail at the beginning of each new year. That's right it's Awards Season...

I get giddy with excitement seeing all those celebrities floating down that red carpet, styled (usually) without flaw in the most beautiful gowns from some of the worlds most talented designers... then I zoom right in on their make-up - I can't help it occupational habbit? I get such delight seeing what looks each celeb has gone for. Some on trend, some classic, some (dare I say it) not so great?

For the 2014 Golden Globes I feel was the year of the classic, flawless face with defined brows and a nude lip... Below are my 3 top make-up picks that I googled:

I think it's only fitting that I begin my little list with an Aussie girl... Margot Robbie. 
She is one lucky lady who gets all up close and personal with Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf Of Wall Street.
I adore how polished her make up looks. No feature was over done or under done for that matter. Her Make-Up Artist for the Globes Jenn Streicher, used a combination of Armani foundations and St Tropez illuminators and Loreal products to create a flawless yet dewy complexion giving Margot's skin just the right amount of sheen on all the right angles. The rest of the make up was kept minimal but with the perfect amount of definition from the nude lips to the sculpted brows, glowing cheeks and curled lashes. Perfection.

 
 
Next on my list is Emma Roberts who really surprised me in that her Make-Up really stood out. The Smoked out eye with the sexy jet black liner rimming the entire waterline allows the eyes to be the feature but without being too dramatic. Emma's Make-Up Artist: Dawn Broussard created such a flawless semi matte complexion using Neutrogena products with just a hint of colour for her cheeks and manicured yet natural looking brows and finished the look with a nude lip. Dee-Vine.
 

Lucky last on my list of favourite Make-up's is Maria Menounos the Stunning Extra Host. Like the two starlets above, her Make-Up Artist Dimitris Giannetos created a flawless yet minimal look with the focus being on her stunningly dewy skin and full luscious blackened lashes. He kept the lines very clean and polished while still allowing bronzed definition. Considering Maria's gown was bright Pink I can understand why the Make-Up was kept quite minimal... If anything I would have liked to have seen a little more warmth and gloss on the lips, but otherwise I thought Maria looked stunning.
Fab-Waa.

 
And now the count down begins to the Oscars...

Please feel free to leave a comment and tell me what looks were your favourite? I would love to read them...

Smooches xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...